Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

We had a wonderful Halloween here in Frisco. It is a little different trick-or-treating when it's warm outside. Growing up, we always had to wear our coats under our costumes and then we went home for hot apple cider. This year my kids were sweating in their long-sleeved costumes and were asking me why I didn't pack a water bottle! (I did, however, buy apple cider but we didn't drink it!)

This year was a first for us--no child was dressed as a Disney character. It made me kind of sad, but they still looked cute. Kelsie decided to go as a "Charm School Witch" but everybody called her Hermione. Jackson wanted to be the "evil spiderman." Chloe would have been a pumpkin, but slept through the whole trick-or-treating event. Trick-or-treating (or Halloweenering as Jackson calls it) was bountiful for us. We went halfway down our street and around a small loop and had to return because the kids couldn't carry their heavy buckets anymore. I have thoroughly "checked" their candy and now that I have eaten most of the chocolate, I have determined that the rest is just junk. I don't have the resolve to trash it just yet, so I've been giving it to the neighbor kids by the handfuls! (and then sending them home!)

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

Looks like a fun Halloween. That was such a great video clip...I'll have to figure out how to do cool stuff like that!

Becky said...

The kids look adorable and my Bryan loves the music. He keeps making me play it over and over.