Friday, April 17, 2009

Catching Up

I've neglected to blog a few things over the past few months, and while the pictures are not current, they are just too cute not to share. Here are some shots from Kelsie's birthday (in February). We had an awesome girls day out-- shopping at Justice, pedicures, Cheesecake Factory, and a late night with Olivia. What more could a 9-year-old girl ask for? We feel so blessed to have Kelsie in our family. She brings fun, love, compassion, and energy to our home. We love you Kels!



One month later, we were partying again, this time for Jackson. Jackson felt super special this year because Grandma Miyasaki came to town. We celebrated Jackson's birthday and Grandma's visit with a trip to the Dallas World Aquarium. All I can say is AWESOME! We saw sharks, crocodiles, exotic birds, a manatee, otters, tarantulas, vampire bats, a jaguar, and fish from all corners of the world. I think I might choose to go there for my birthday, too. I didn't think that our day could get any better, but I was wrong. We had lunch at Chili's and then for the pinnacle event (drumroll, please) .....shopping at Target. Jackson asked for money for his birthday this year so he could buy a huge, very expensive Star Wars Lego set. A Lego set is truly the gift that keeps on giving because for the next few hours, Jack and Wally got to put the huge, very expensive Lego set together. When it was all finished, Jackson was one happy six-year-old. Jackson, we love your sense of humor, your sweet disposition, and your caring nature!


1 comment:

Janna said...

Kelsie -- I want to come and celebrate your birthday with you! Sounds like you had all the makings of a GREAT day! Hope it was a Happy One and I just can't believe you are NINE! Wow! Love, Aunt Janna