Saturday, April 19, 2008

One is Fun!

It's hard to believe, but our little Chloe turned one on April 19. According to our plans, she is our last, so it is hard to watch her grow from an infant to a toddler! I still can't bring myself to put away her newborn clothes, so they remain hanging in our closet. And while I do miss those newborn days, I must admit that I don't mind sleeping through the night.

We took Chloe to Build A Bear for her first birthday. She only says a few words, and one of them is "puppy," so she was absolutely delighted to go to Build A Bear! She fell in love with every animal we showed her and we had a hard time letting her choose just one. Kelsie and Jackson got to help Chloe stuff and "bathe" her puppy and even chose out a cute little wig for Chloe's bald head! We had such a great time! After Build A Bear we had to go to Jackson's soccer game, where Chloe was ready to go out on the field and play. We ended our fun day going to Chili's for dinner, where the birthday girl took a nap on the bench. When we got home, we sang "Happy Birthday" and had cake and ice cream with our neighbors. Chloe's first birthday was almost perfect. Right up until the time that she came down with the stomach flu!

We are so happy that Chloe is part of our family! She is so much fun and keeps our lives exciting! Wally and I have voted Chloe "The Most Likely Wallace Child to End Up in the ER." She is very adventurous and independent and really keeps me on my toes. My friend Michelle describes her as "a woman on a mission." Once she decides where she is going and what she wants, she is virtually unstoppable. It is not uncommon to hear me say things such as "How on earth did you get up there?" or "Don't eat the garbage!" or "Spit that out!" or "Has anybody seen Chloe?" She is also sweet and loving and lots of fun!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Sweet girl! Give her a birthday hug for me! I love the wig - looks like a great hair color for sometime in the future!

tristanjh said...

I know how you feel. My "baby" is five and will start kindergarten in the fall! It is so fun to watch them learn and grow, but a little sad when you know that this is the last time you will get to experience these milestones.

Happy Birthday, Chloe!

Janna said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! We look forward to seeing you this summer!!