Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Home Is Where Your Mom Is

Chloe and I flew to SLC for a much anticipated trip home. The plane ride with an independent 1 year old was quite an adventure in itself. Wally made sure I brought some cash in case I needed to buy my neighbor a drink! Fortunately, on both plane rides the people we were sitting by were very kind and understanding. We spent four wonderful days bonding with baby Owen, laughing with my sisters (and Mom!), eating lots of yummy food, and enjoying family. Highlights of the trip include:
  • snuggling with baby Owen
  • celebrating Dad's 62nd birthday (according to Mom, he's only 48!)
  • watching Chloe's first steps
  • spending time with family
  • being entertained by Cam
  • Cafe Rio, Costa Vida, and sushi from Suehiro YUM!
  • celebrating Chloe's 1st birthday
  • dinner with Brent, Vickie, Brad, Jenn, Cade, and Ellie
  • visiting Upon the Shelf (so many fabulous things, so little luggage space!)
  • watching "Dan in Real Life" with Nellie
  • shopping at the Gateway
It was so good to be home again and I was grateful for the time that Chloe got to spend with family. As our "firstborn in the wilderness" she doesn't have the same relationship with her grandmas and papas as Kelsie and Jack do. She really warmed up to everybody (especially the puppy!) and will hopefully remember everyone for when we go back in July. The time went by way too quickly, but for the first time, I didn't cry when it was time to go. It could be that Texas is growing on me. But I think I just really missed Wally, Kelsie, and Jack.

6 comments:

tristanjh said...

I'm glad your filght went well. When we lived in Idaho I flew home with a 2 year old Skylar and the return trip was a nightmare. He fell asleep in flight and when I woke him up he was disoriented and wanted to keep sleeping. I had to carry my luggage and a toddler having a full blown, kicking and screaming, meltdown all the way through security! It was crazy!

Claudia said...

Welcome back to the "wilderness". So, you think Texas might be growing on you? I thought so too until last week's 90+ degree temperatures!

Janna said...

Love your update! I keep checking, and was excited to see something new! We look forward to seeing you all this summer!

Bridget said...

Your little baby is growing up so fast. It was good to see an update on your blog. I feel the same way about "Upon a shelf" although the luggage isn't the problem it is usually "so many things too little money."

brohammas said...

Me, ya'll, Jonny, anyone else from our generation leave the state?

Sherrie said...

You did a lot in such a short amount of time! We can't wait to see you guys.