Friday, March 26, 2010

Jacksonisms


In honor of Jackson's 7th birthday, here are some of our favorite Jacksonisms:
  • "If you see a white truck with a hooker (Jacksonism for "trailer hitch") say, 'white truck with a hooker'." He was really into trucks and wanted us to point them out to him! Gotta admit, that one's probably my favorite! (3 yrs. old)

  • "So, mom's Japanese and Chinese and dad's just regular." (5 yrs.)

  • "Braden can't play because he has refuse coming over." "What?" I asked. Jackson explained, "you know, grandmas and grandpas and cousins." "Oh, I think you mean relatives," I said. And then I added, "Jackson, do you know what refuse is? It's garbage." He laughed and laughed and laughed as he kept saying "Braden has garbage coming over!" (Last month)

  • "So, when do we take the shower?" (Following a baby shower that Wally's co-workers generously threw us before Chloe was born. Poor kid, nobody explained what a baby shower really was.) 4 yrs. old

  • "Mom, you just wrinkled my heart." (After a lecture I gave him about being a good friend and sharing. I try my best not to wrinkle his heart any more.) 5 yrs. old

  • "When are we going halloweenering?" (Jacksonism for "trick-or-treating") 3 yrs. old

  • When I was very pregnant with Chloe, I bent down to pick something up and Jackson whispered to me, "Mom, I can see your buffers." Now, in my non-pregnant or nursing state I am very flat-chested, so to be able to see any type of cleavage was a new and unusual thing. I must also explain that at 4 years old, Jackson was totally into Thomas the Train. On the front of each Thomas and Friends engine, there are two circles--yep, you guessed it, buffers--that prevent the trains from bumping into each other.

  • "Call me Jack-A-Roo-Pumpkin-Pie." 2 yrs. old. Grandma Miyasaki always called him "pumpkin" and Aunt Nellie called him "Jack-A-Roo." One day I was calling for him and he promptly explained that his name was not Jackson. From that day forth he wanted to be called "Jack-A-Roo-Pumpkin-Pie" or "Jack-A-Roo-Pumpkin-Pie, kissed the girls and made them cry" for short.

Oh, Jackson, we love you! You are so very sweet and your easy-going nature really balances out your sisters! At the first PT conference with Jackson's teacher she told me that Jackson is "an old soul" in a little body. And he is. Couldn't ask for a better son than Jackson. Happy birthday, superman!

4 comments:

JB Mauss said...

Happy birthday cute Jack! We miss you.
B,J,C,E,T&T

Janelle and Daniel Champion said...

Oh Jack Jack! I miss you! Kelsie, you are my favorite niece named Kelsie :) I miss you all and I'm counting down until July!

Janna said...

How fun that was to read! It's good to have an old soul! Happy Days to you as well Jack!

Rebecca said...

I love this post! It's nice to hear about your family. We miss you guys!!