Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jackson Turns 5


Jackson turned 5 this month and got to have his first official birthday party. The guest list included several energetic boys so I decided to look into having his party at one of those places with the giant inflatables. Wally, ever the accountant, wasn't so sure about the cost until I told him our list of children to invite was 14 long. And suddenly, not having a birthday party in our home was worth it!

The party was fantastic! All of the kids had a great time bouncing and playing. Wally and I even joined in the fun and took turns "taking Chloe" down the giant slide. It was a blast! After playing for an hour, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jackson, served his Lightning McQueen birthday cake, and opened presents. He got lots of fun Cars toys and Lego sets (which I was really excited about-- I love Legos!) On the way home I told him that his birthday was almost as good as Christmas to which he replied "It's way better than Christmas. On Christmas we never get to eat cake."

No comments: